How Chronicall pulls data from the CUCM (Cisco Unified Communication Manager) is unique compared to other PBX's. To summarize, Chronicall augments other data sources (soon to be mentioned) with the CDR data and saves it to the database for historical reporting. Realtime, however, receives raw data from JTAPI, UCCX, and Unity, translates it then compiles the resulting information into what we see in the Realtime Module. Because of this, we can identify a few potential behaviors and where to troubleshoot.
***As always, make sure your Chronicall-dedicated application user within CUCM is correctly configured. Click here for instructions***
If your CDR records are failing to populate, review the following:
If the data that is being pulled down does not sync with what is actually occurring (i.e. Agent Timeline not updating with events), identify what data is missing:
If there are 0 events or only voicemail events populating, this is likely the phone itself not sending event updates via JTAPI. Make sure CTI is enabled on your device to handle both SIP and SCCP messaging (click here).To test this, follow the steps below:
- Download and launch the correct Cisco JTAPI Test Tool respective to your CUCM version (NOTE***If you do not see your version below, reach out to Cisco Tech for further assistance in acquiring the correct version)
Cisco JTAPI Test Tool 10.0.1.zip
Cisco JTAPI Test Tool 11.5.zip
- After opening the expanded .zip file, launch the CiscoJTAPITest.jar file
- Once on the login screen, enter the following relevant information and connect
- After connecting, select the device in question. Add both a call observer & terminal observer
- Below, you will now have a call observer page. Here, whenever calls take place on that handset, you should see metadata relevant to that call. If data fails to display, you may need to check the device in the CUCM under Device->Phones and ensure "Allow Control of Device from CTI" is enabled. If it is, and data is still not being pulled, reach out to Cisco Tech for further assistance.
If your UCCX events are not populating correctly in Call Detail View or Realtime but other events are, one of the following may apply,
- Your UCCX is set in High-Availability and has failed over to a slave server
- Your UCCX is not pulling skill group info or it is being incorrectly supplied to Chronicall
- Your UCCX Trigger has been improperly configured to the wrong CTI pool
- Your CTI ports have not been licensed in Chronicall
If your Unity events are not populating in Call Detail View or Realtime, your Unity connection may not be properly configured. Click here for instructions on how to configure this. If it has been properly configured but events are still not being communicated, reach out to Cisco Tech for further assistance.