For customers on Avaya Call Reporting (ACR) version 4.0 and above and IP Office version 11.0.4 and above, there's an alternative recording solution available for use instead of Voicemail Pro recordings.
Active recording takes advantage of line-side recording where ACR receives audio and signaling files directly from the Phone via the same DevLink3 API connection we use to log calls. Below is how we configure the connection
Install the Recording Library process
Either on the same server as the ACR or on a separate server, install the Recording Library service. To obtain the necessary file, navigate to ximasoftware.com/oemdownloads and pull the necessary apps installer. Below are the articles you will need to install depending on your OS:
Connect the Recording Library process to the IP Office:
After connecting your IP Office to your ACR via DevLink3, open your ACR java-client and proceed with following steps:
- Open your Admin (System) -> System Settings -> Recording Libraries -> Recording Libraries (1 Recording Library) -> Add
- Here, you will select the DevLink Active Recording option.
- Once presented the screen below, you'll need to fill out the following:
- IP Address of the Recording Library
- IP Address of the IP Office
- SIP Message Port
Once these settings have been configured, save the settings completely and you should now have recordings!
If you continue to have issues, feel free to reach out to our support team for further assistance!