You can find the VRTX serial number on the bottom of the VRTX device, as shown in this photo below.
- Do note, that the VRTX is a passive device. You can unplug the usb and it will not affect your trunk (phone line), but recordings will stop. If you have to replace the VRTX, ensure no active calls are on the trunk before proceeding.
If you would like to find the serial number for a connected device through Windows itself, you can look in Device Manager.
- Open up your Chronicall server's Device Manager in Windows.
- Expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" to show all USB devices below.
- Selected the VRTX in question.
- Right-click the VRTX listed, and go to Properties.
- Select the Details tab, and then select the "Device instance path" from the drop-down box below. The serial number is the number at the end of the string with a T (PRI) or S (SIP) in front of the serial key.