If you notice that settings for agent licensing or preferences like wallboards have changed without your permission and would like to find out if it was made by someone other than yourself
You can locate the log that will provide you with some information on what may have happened and what system was used to access and change the settings in question.
- You will need an approximate or exact timeframe for the logs to ensure that you're looking in the proper area.
- You will need to pull up the directory of Chronicall on its locally hosted server/virtual machine.
- The folder you'll locate the logs in is the "tomcat" logs, stored in the Xima Directory.
- 32 Bit C:\Program Files (x86)\Xima Software\Chronicall\tomcat\logs
- 64 Bit C:\Program Files\Chronicall\tomcat\logs.
- var/lib/Xima\ Software/Chronicall/tomcat/logs
- The log you're looking for will have the words "server" and "start" in them accompanied with a timestamped date or last modified by the date in question.
- Open the log using Notepad and Ctrl+F to search through the settings for the setting that was changed (for example you'd search for licensed_users to see if any agents were unlicensed).
- Under the setting, there should be an IP address associated with the machine that saved the changes.
From there you should be able to get some understanding of who made changes to the system settings and proceed accordingly based on your internal security measures.