Chronicall 3.8 introduced the functionality to generate a link that provides a user access to a recording.
- First, set up the Externally Accessible Address within System Settings > Basic Settings. Typically this will be your Chronicall server IP address and port, which will allow access to the recording within the same network.
- You may also add a public IP address and port, just ensure that port is open and forwarded (You can find the public IP address by using a service like whatsmyip.com).
- Once the Externally Accessible Address has been configured, go to Cradle to Grave to find a recording. Right click the recording and select the option "Generate External Listen Link".
- You will be prompted to enter how many days the link should remain available.
- You will then be given the link that can be used to access the recording.
- Entering that link into a browser will take you to a simple media player interface and will play the recording.
- Keep in mind this will not work if your local computer does not have a sound card.
NOTE: If you are having issues with creating the External Listen link make sure that Chronicall is connecting to OrientDB. If not, you can use this article to try changing the ports that OrientDB uses if they are being blocked.