Chronicall 3.8 introduced the functionality to generate a link that provides a user access to a recording.
- First, set up the Externally Accessible Address within System Settings > Basic Settings. Typically this will be your Chronicall server IP address and port.
- You may also add a public address and port (just ensure that port is open and forwarded).
- Once the Externally Accessible Address has been configured, go to Cradle to Grave to find a recording. Right click the recording and select the option "Generate External Listen Link".
- You will be prompted to enter how many days the link should remain available.
- You will then be given the link that can be used to access the recording.
- Entering that link into a browser will take you to a simple media player interface and will play the recording.
- Keep in mind this will not work if your local computer does not have a sound card.