3.9.5 and Newer
***Note***: To obtain the file, you can either use "wget" or an SFTP software (like WinSCP or FileZilla) to move the downloaded file over to the new server. In this example, we will be using "wget"
***Note***: We do not require the download of Java to run newer versions of Chronicall. We have an embedded JVM to handle that task now.
- Reminder: To use the "wget" command, your Chronicall server will need full internet access to download the Chronicall software. Otherwise, it will not work.
- Obtain your download link. This can be done by putting your full serial key into https://www.ximasoftware.com/downloads
- Locate your respective OS iteration of Chronicall. Here, we will be downloading the Debian iteration. Right-click and select "Copy Link Address"
- In your terminal, navigate to the desired directory and type the following:
wget -O 'chronicall-setup.tar.gz' 'https://(rest of the link that was copied from Chronicall)'
it should look something like this:
After you have typed out the command, run it and let the download proceed. It may take a while depending on your network connection.
- After the download is complete, you should see a new tar.gz file. To expand it, run the following command:
tar -xzf <file-you-downloaded>.tar.gz
It should look like this (Red, below):
After you run the command you should now have a new directory, navigate into the new directory (Orange, above).
- If you are running a standard install (no variation to install path beyond root), the only required parameter is -serial followed by your serial key, unless you are installing Chronicall in demo mode. If so, use -demo instead.
./install.sh -serial YOURXIMASOFTWARESERIAL**********
If you aren't running a standard install, type "-help" instead of the "-serial" switch at the end for installation options.
To save you time, here's what that looks like:
- After following the installation guide, if you run into additional issues please reach out to Xima Support.
3.9.4 and Older
- For Ubuntu & Debian
sudo apt install unzip
- For CentOS & Fedora
sudo yum install unzip
chmod +x install.sh
The only required parameter is -serial followed by your serial key unless you are installing Chronicall in demo mode. If so, use -demo instead. Use the -help parameter to see all available options.
./install.sh -serial SERIALKEY1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLM
If you specified a different base port, replace 9080 with that port number. If Chronicall does not start automatically, you may need to stop and start Chronicall's Windows services.
[root@primaryipo ~]# wget -O chronicall_download.zip 'http://rest.ximasoftware.com/
chr/download?serial=SERIALKEY1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLM&type=ipoffice&os=linux& param=chronicall¶m=setup& param=rpm_64'
--2014-07-25 10:26:54-- http://rest.ximasoftware.com/
chr/download?serial=SERIALKEY1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLM&type=ipoffice&os=linux& param=chronicall¶m=setup& param=rpm_64
Resolving rest.ximasoftware.com... 22.214.171.124
Connecting to rest.ximasoftware.com|174.143.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 132598961 (126M) [application/zip]
Saving to: âchronicall_download.zipâ
100%[================>] 132,598,961 6.24M/s in 21s
2014-07-25 10:27:15 (6.16 MB/s) - âchronicall_download.zipâ saved [132598961/132598961]
[root@primaryipo ~]# unzip chronicall_download.zip
[root@primaryipo ~]# cd ipoffice_chronicall_rpm_64_
setup_3_6_4]# sh install.sh -serial SERIALKEY1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLM
The default Chronicall port range 9080-9089 is unavailable. The next 10 port range available is 9090-9099. Would you like to use this range? (y or n) y
It appears that Chronicall is already installed. Continuing this installation process will destroy any existing Chronicall data.
Would you like to continue installing Chronicall? (y or n) y
Attempting to stop chronicall and postgres if running...
Setting Up System...
Copying Web Server Installation Files...
Copying Web Server App Files...
Configuring Web Server...
Copying Postgres Files...
Setting Up Database...
Setting Up services...
Copying Chronicall Jars...
Deleting Temporary Postgres Files...
Starting Web Service...
service chronicall start
service chronicall stop
Go to http://10.0.1.6:9090 in a browser to access Chronicall