As of Chronciall version 3.10 Java is now built in. If you are on Chronciall 3.10 or higher, this step is no longer relevant.
Chronicall's Multimedia server is setup to run on 32-bit Java by default. While this is fine in most cases, there are situations that require Multimedia to be able to access more than the 1024 MB limit of 32-bit. Usually these situations include sites that have a large number of skills or agents and/or large queues. Below are the instructions to change Multimedia to run with 64-bit Java and how to increase the memory limit.
Install 64-bit Java
Go to https://www.java.com/en/ and click on the Free Java Download button. Then click the See All Java Downloads link. Download the file labeled: Windows Offline (64-bit). Once done downloading, install.
Due to the Multimedia service being responsible for transferring calls to skills and agents, it is recommended to perform the below steps after business hours or with the queue plugged.
- Open Services.msc and stop the Chronicall Multimedia service.
- Open the Multimedia install path, usually located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Xima Software\Chronicall\Multimedia.
- Rename multimedia.exe to multimedia32.exe
- Rename multimedia64.exe to multimedia.exe
- Open multimediaw.exe as Administrator. Select the Java tab, deselect Use default, and then click the ellipsis button next to Java Virtual Machine. Select the path to the 64-bit Java jvm.dll, usually located at C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151\bin\client\jvm.dll (use the version you downloaded).
- Change the Maximum memory pool to the desired memory size, recommended 2048 to start with.
- Apply changes
- Restart the Multimedia service and unplug the queue if plugged.
Chronicall Multimedia will now run in 64-bit mode and will utilize more memory.