I would like to be able to access CCAgent from a Public facing IP address. Is it possible to do that and how would I go about setting it up?
It is possible to use CCAgent from a Public IP once properly configured.
NOTE: You cannot use WebRTC over a Public IP, it is only programmed to be usable over a Local IP
- Talk to your ISP about getting 2 Public IPs for use with Chronicall/ACR and the Multimedia servers
- NOTE: Xima Software will be unable to assist with setting up the actual Public IP addresses, that must be configured on the customer side
- Navigate to Admin (System) > System Settings > Basic Settings
- Place the Chronicall/ACR server's new Public IP address in the "Externally Accessible Address" field
- Navigate to Admin (System) > System Settings > Multimedia Voice Seat
- Place the Multimedia/Contact Center's new Public IP address in the "Multimedia Server Public IP (optional)" field
- Navigate to Admin (System) > System Settings > Hidden Advanced Settings > Feature Toggles
- Turn on the "PROVIDE_PUBLIC_AND_LOCAL_IP_FOR_DESKTOP_CONNECTION" feature toggle
- Hit "OK" and then "Save"
- This will allow the CCAgent and Dashboards to try and connect to the local Multimedia address first, but then use the public
- There are multiple ports that will need to be opened on both the Chronicall/ACR server and Multimedia/Contact Center in order for this to work
- Port 9080
- Port 80
- Port 443
- Multimedia/Contact Center
- Port 9095
- Port 9099
- NOTE: If those ports cannot be kept open then a Public IP will not work for your site.