Extension Override Feature
- New in 4.2 ACR/Chronicall and it will also show up on 3.12.6 builds.
- Extension Override allows customers to override the event type for all events we receive from a specific extension. You can take an improper event being displayed, and replace it with whatever value you wish it to display. Some PBX 3rd party solutions use extension-specific auto attendants, and this allows us to replace those events with better data for Cradle to Grave.
- No service restart needed!
- You need to at least fill out the Profile Type, Extension List, and Event Type Override. The other settings are optional.
- Here are some examples of this in action.
- Cradle to Grave example of the above Extension Overrides.
Notes on Extension Override
- Avaya IPO - Logging with ACCS or IPOCC is where this becomes very useful. When we are logging IPO data with Chronicall, we do not track the call details in ACCS/IPOCC, as it can generate events that do not mesh well with Chronicall. This allows us to get better call logging from ACCS/IPOCC.
- With Extension Override, we consolidate everything to a single queue event. Cradle to Grave shows a single queue event with the receiving party set to ACCS or IPOCC.
- Cisco Arc Pro - or Arc Console - is an OEM product developed by Enghouse. It functions as an attendant console. We do not track details while the call is being handled in the Arc Console. We instead clean up the logging and consolidate all the various events into a single AA event.
- We can now clean up the logging and tell it what Event we want to show for the Arc Console.
- Arc Console Example:
- Please note, the events Drop and Transfer, and a few others, are not modified so we can maintain logging and Realtime integrity.