When I try and restart or start the Chronicall services, I'm getting an error saying: "Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified." As well as "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."
This can happen due to an increased measure of security to your computer's firewall. This causes certain files to be deleted that Chronicall needs to function properly.
- Change the firewall's security settings or disable it.
- Certain 3rd party software and Windows Firewall (when not configured with Chronicall in mind) can block Chronicall from receiving data from our servers. They will prevent Chronicall from logging
- Stop all Chronicall services
- Check Windows Task Manager for any processes with the name "Chronicall" and end these tasks as well
- Run the Chronicall update file for the current version you're using or a version slightly above yours
- E.g. 3.8.6 to 3.8.7, not 3.8.6 to 4.0
- You can visit https://guide.ximasoftware.com/docs/updating-chronicall to get a complete step-by-step walk-through on doing this
- Running the update will help get the missing files back into their proper locations.
- You should be able to start the services after this, though they normally will start automatically after the update