Datagrid Not Launching
For when you have updated to a Chronicall 3.12 update or below, and the Datagrid doesn't launch.
Normally we can resolve this issue by stopping all services, and closing any stuck Datagrid processes in the Task Manager, then restarting services. Try that first as that is usually the fix.
If that doesn't work, it may be tied to a corrupt node.pid file looking for more than one instance of Datagrid as verified in the Tomcat logs via the error below.
- Ensuring only one instance is running by killing PID in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Xima Software\Chronicall\.chronicall\node.pid
Recreate the node.pid File
- Stop the Chronicall services and all Chronicall-related processes.
- Delete the node.pid at the relevant location below.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Xima Software\Chronicall\.chronicall\node.pid
- C:\Program Files\Chronicall\.chronicall\node.pid
- Start all Chronicall services back up to recreate node.pid.
- Log into Chronicall, and verify the Datagrid is connecting.
- If this doesn't work, please check this article
- You may also be having an issue with the local A/V blocking the Datagrid from launching
- Please have the customer disable the A/V and try launching again