WARNING: This fix is a work-in-progress from both Chronicall and ShoreTel!
ShoreTel and Chronicall have had repeated issues with the TAPI lines going down. This causes Chronicall to stop logging call data, even though it says it still is. We now have new settings built into Chronicall and a new COM Object for ShoreTel
- Update to any build after 3.10.7, as this will include our settings changes. You can find our updates here: https://www.ximasoftware.com/downloads
- After the update, you will need to change two settings in Chronicall. In the Hidden Advanced Settings (found by holding the shift key on your keyboard and clicking Advanced Settings) you will need to change ShoreTel Enable Log Wave to True and the ShoreTel Use Xima STML Control to False.
- Make sure to save before you move onto the next step.
- After the update is complete, download the new COM object by following this link: ftp://PSApp:SW616psafirstname.lastname@example.org/STMLControl.zip
- Unzip this file into a folder that MUST NOT BE DELETED!
- Once unzipped, open a Command Prompt with Admin credentials
- Inside of the Command Prompt navigate to the unzipped folder and then run the command
- If it is successful you should see this popup: "DllRegisterServer in STMLControl.dll succeeded."
- Restart all Chronicall services
- You will then want to check the new STML Logs found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Xima Software\Chronicall\bin\app and look for the most recent log (which should be the day of the week you are installing all of this).
- In the log, scroll to the bottom and double check that the COM Object has been updated to a version newer than the ones found here:
- You can easily search this by using CTRL + F and searching COM Object from the bottom up
- If the COM version is updated, then you are good to go!