We have seen the following error message when running a new Chronicall update, which prevents the update from completing:
Continue with bad path?
The Chronicall Path in settings.xml does not match the Windows Registry. You must resolve this before the update can proceed.
The path in the settings.xml file does not match the path in the Windows Registry for Chronicall.
This can happen when Chronicall was initially installed on a path other than the current path.
- For example, you may have had a Chronicall demo installed on the C:/ drive, and then after purchase installed Chronicall on to the D:/ drive.
- If the new install hit any issues, there may be some remanents pointing to the old directory, which will likely have an expired license key or incomplete installation.
These steps need to be performed on the Chronicall server directly.
Verify Chronicall Installation Directory
Verify the current Chronicall Directory on your Chronicall server.
- If your initial Chronicall install was 32-bit (3.9.4 and earlier) and you selected the default path, you can find the directory here.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Xima Software\Chronicall
- If you initially installed 3.9.5 or newer on the default path, your directory will be below.
- C:\Program Files\Chronicall
Locate Settings.xml file
- Now we need to verify the Chronicall software path in the Settings.xml file.
- Right-click settings.xml, and open it with notepad.
- Locate the license section to verify where the Chronicall installation is pointing towards.
- Keep this pulled up to reference later.
Verify the Windows Registry Chronicall Path
- Click on the start menu, and input Run on the search bar.
- It should now display the Run app. Select it.
- On the Run application box, type in REGEDIT to pull up your Registry Editor for Windows. Select OK.
Only experienced users should attempt to edit the Windows Registry. Severe system damage can occur editing the Windows Registry. It is important to note that due to the risk here, Xima Technicians cannot manually make changes to the Windows Registry.
- Check the Registry paths below to see what Chronicall paths may be saved in the registry.
- Normal Path:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Xima Software\Chronicall
- If you are running 32-bit Chronicall on a 64-bit machine:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Xima Software\Chronicall
- Normal Path:
- Local the path entry for the Chronicall, and click on it. Verify the path shown is the correct one and matches the Settings.xml file.
- In the above example, the entry was correct in the Settings.xml file, but correct in the Windows Registry.
- Stopping Chronicall services, changing this path in the Settings.xml file, and then starting services again resolved this issue.