For Connection Issues Related to IP Office 9.0 and 9.1
If you are noticing communication or connection issues between your IP Office and Chronicall server, and are on IP Office 9.0 or 9.1.
Avaya used UDP network connection in 9.0 and 9.1, which can cause a range of communication issues based on your network environment. Below are the steps to resolve these.
We want to apply the TFTP Work Around to resolve the issue for the end user.
Steps for IP Office 9.0
- In Avaya Manager navigate to File > Advanced Settings > Security Settings. Then navigate to Security > System > Unsecured Interface. Verify that TFTP Configuration Read and TFTP Directory Read are checked so we can get user and trunk data from the IP Office. Save and merge any changes.
Steps for IP Office 9.1
- In Avaya Manager navigate to File > Advanced Settings > Security Settings. Then navigate to Security > System > Unsecured Interface. Verify that TFTP Server is checked.
- Now navigate to Services > Configuration. On the Service Security Level drop down, ensure that you have Unsecure + Secure selected, then save and merge any changes.
- Navigate back to the main Configuration page for Avaya Manager. Fine the IP Office in question, and navigate to the Users for that IP Office. Find the NoUser, and navigate to the Source Numbers tab for NoUser. Add TFTP_CONFIGURATION_READ to the source numbers for that user, then save and merge any changes.
- Scheduled a reboot for your IP Office to occur after business hours, to finalize these changes for the TFTP Work Around.