Chronicall creates an error message when trying to generate a large report
When running a report the following error occurs:
There was an error before running the report, please submit a bug report and try again.
Typically Chronicall will also freeze, preventing any further activities.
- Avaya IPO
- Avaya CM
Applicable Chronicall Versions
Applicable Operating Systems
- Windows Desktop
- Windows Server
The report or query was likely too large for the Chronicall server to handle, which can cause the Chronicall service to crash. If the server has additional RAM memory available, it is recommended to increase the memory directly associated with Chronicall as well as the memory assigned to the Datagrid Node. Once the available memory has been increased, you'll need to restart the Chronicall Service for the change to take effect. Steps to make this change are provided below.
Increase the Chronicall Memory Pool
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Xima Software\Chronicall\tomcat\bin
- Right Click on chronicallw.exe, and Run as Administrator.
- Bump up the Maximum Memory Pool to 1024 (Max for 32 bit Java in 3.6 or 3.8)
- Note: The change will not take effect until after you restart the Chronicall Service.
Increase the Data Grid Node Memory
- Go to Admin (System) > Advanced Settings > Data Grid Primary Node Memory (MB).
- Adjust it to 1024 if available (maximum amount for 32 bit Java in version 3.6.x or 3.8.x).
- Restart the Chronicall Service to apply the change.