This article is to cover how to display unassociated recordings in Cradle to Grave, to help diagnose why recordings may be gray in this instance. Valid for Chronicall version 3.8 and newer versions.
- First you will want to Verify your Recording Library is set to keep unassociated calls. You will want to log into Chronicall, and select Admin (System). Then Select System Settings.
- Select Recording Libraries, then the(...) next to your Recording Libraries setting as shown below.
- Double click on the related Recording Library setup. If you have multiple options, make sure you check it for each Recording Library instance.
- Verify that the Keep Unassociated setting is set to True. If it is not, change this then hit OK, OK, Save to save the changes.
- Next you will want to log into Chronicall, and select Admin (System). Then Select System Settings.
- To get to the hidden settings, hold down the Shift key and then left click Advanced Settings.
- You should see the setting, "Always Show Unassociated Recordings." Set this to true, then go into Cradle to Grave and refresh your screen.
- Keep in mind, the default setting in Chronicall will wait 8 hours before putting the call in Cradle to Grave. This is because it wants to avoid unassociated recordings, and will wait to try and find the best match. In this regards, it is helpful to refer to the previous day when troubleshooting unassociated Recordings.
- Chronicall associates recordings with calls via metadata it receives from the phone system. So if there is a time difference more than a few seconds between the Chronicall and PBX server, or the Chronicall and Recording Library server, it can cause the recordings to show on their own line in the database. This is the most common cause for unassociated recordings.