Can I report on Agents using the Avaya Communicator softphone?
Yes, Chronicall can collect call data such Ringing, Talking, Hold, etc. from Agent's using softphones.
Can I get Realtime information on Agents using the Avaya Communicator softphone?
As of version 3.8.6, yes, but with a few quirks.
- When Chronicall initializes it sends a request to the IP Office to discover each Agent's current state. This request doesn't receive sufficient details from softphone users and will show them as logged out. However, once the Agent's state changes, Chronicall will see that event and update Realtime accordingly. Therefore, if you need to restart your Chronicall services, any Avaya Communicator users may need to log out of their softphone and log back in to appear correctly in Realtime.
- A short code needs to be setup within IP Office to toggle DND usage. Once setup, an Avaya Communicator user will need to use that short code in order to have their DND usage show up in Realtime.
- If an user is using Avaya Communicator and a physical phone, the Avaya Communicator will override the physical phone. Therefore users should plan on using one or the other if they want their details to appear accurately in Realtime.
Should I setup my Agents a specific way?
The way the IP Office is set up can make a difference in the details you receive.
- If a User in the IP Office also has it's own H323 Extension: Realtime will display which Groups the Agent is logged into once they log into the extension through communicator or a physical phone (you may need to check "Enable Communicator" on the User Profile).
- If a User does not have a H323 Extension: Realtime will not display which Groups the Agent is logged into. Agents configured in this way will need to use a huntgroup enable and huntgroup disable short code to toggle the current group login status (even if they are already logged into the groups). This will send an event that Chronicall will see and update the Realtime accordingly.