The recording is unavailable due to one of the following factors:
- Recording Library is working through a backlog of recordings
- Recordings take some time to process. The recordings waiting to be processed can be seen within the 'limbo' folder on the server where the Recording Library is installed. The time it will take to process the recording can vary between under a minute to a few hours. If the call happened recently, check back on the recording later to see if it's been processed. If not, then read on to the various other reasons below.
- Recording Library service stopped
- Start (or Restart) the Recording Library Service
The Chronicall and Recording Library are two separate processes. Chronicall will log the call data while Avaya's Voicemail Pro records the call. Once a call is completed Chronicall will place a greyed out recording icon next to the call if it received the metadata for the recording. However, if the greyed out icon remains after some time, then the recording was likely never processed due to a stuck or stopped Recording Library service.
- Recording is listed separately as "Call Recorded"
- The Chronicall and Recording Library are two separate processes. Chronicall will log the call data while Avaya's Voicemail Pro records the call. Once the call is finished the Recording Library will attempt to associate the recording with a call record using the audio files metadata. If it cannot find a call to associate with, and "Keep Unassociated" is set to True within the Recording Configuration, then the recording will be listed separately as a "Call Recorded". You will usually see the recording listed right above or below the call with the grayed out play icon.
- The Recording Library cannot find the "VRL" directory
- The Recording Library will monitor the VRL directory to grab new recordings that have been recorded by Avaya's Voicemail Pro. If the Recording Library cannot access this directory (likely due to a shared drive that is no longer accessible or the directory moved to a new location) then the Recording Library will not be able to grab and convert the new recordings.