Chronicall can be installed on a machine that does not connect to the internet. This type of install still requires an Internet connection on a separate computer. Follow the directions below.
Windows Offline Setup
- Download the PC Info Extractor Tool from http://media.ximasoftware.com/tools/pc_info_extractor.exe.
- Transfer the Chronicall Setup file and the Extractor Tool to the offline Chronicall server.
- Run the Extractor Tool. This will create a file named chronicall_infohash.bin.
- Move chronicall_infohash.bin off of the Chronicall server and use the Submit a Ticket at the top of the page and attach the file to that ticket.
- Xima Support will upload your info hash and respond with a license file.
- Copy this file onto the offline Chronicall server and save it in an easily accessible location.
- Run Chronicall Setup. During setup, the installer will request the license file.
Linux Offline Setup
- Download the extractor jar and script to the /home directory using the links below. You will need to right click Extractor Script and "Save Link As" to generate the extract_info.sh. (Note: Java installed must be Oracle JRE, not OpenJDK)
- Navigate to the home directory and change the permissions on extract_info.sh file to make it executable by using:
chmod +x extract_info.sh
- Launch the script using:
- Use the Submit a Ticket above to send the resulting chronicall_infohash.bin to Xima Support and we'll send the license file back.
- When running the Chronicall installation you will need to add the -license parameter to the command pointing at the license file location as shown in the screenshot below.
- This would be the license file sent by Xima Support covered in the steps above.