Chronicall can be installed on a machine that does not connect to the internet, but this type of install still requires an Internet connection on a separate computer. Please follow the directions below:
NOTE: If this is an actually offline server, it is recommended to put a couple of exceptions in their hosts file so that we won't attempt to reach out across the internet to verify things. Follow this article: Troubleshoot a Slow Chronicall Login
Windows Offline Setup
- Download the PC Info Extractor Tool from http://media.ximasoftware.com/tools/pc_info_extractor.exe, or download the pc_info_extractor.exe attachment at the bottom of this article
- Transfer the Chronicall Setup file and the Extractor Tool to the offline Chronicall server.
- Run the Extractor Tool
- This will create a file named chronicall_infohash.bin.
- Move the chronicall_infohash.bin file off of the Chronicall server.
- Use the Submit a Ticket at the top of our support page and attach that file to the ticket
- Xima Support will upload your info hash and respond with a license file.
- Copy this file onto the offline Chronicall server and save it in an easily accessible location.
- Run Chronicall Setup. During setup, the installer will request the license file.
Linux Offline Setup
- Download the extractor jar and script to the /home directory using the links below.
- You will need to right-click the Extractor Script and "Save Link As" to generate the extract_info.sh. (Note: The Java installed on the server must be Oracle JRE, not OpenJDK and must be 64-bit)
- Extractor Script or select extract_info.sh from the attachments at the bottom of this article
- Extractor Jar or select extracter.jar from the attachments at the bottom of this article
- Navigate to the home directory and change the permissions on extract_info.sh file to make it executable by using chmod
chmod +x extract_info.sh
- Launch the script using:
- Use the Submit a Ticket at the top of our support page to send the resulting chronicall_infohash.bin to Xima Support and we'll send the license file back
- When running the Chronicall installation you will need to add the -license parameter to the command pointing at the license file location as shown in the screenshot below.
- This would be the license file sent by Xima Support covered in the steps above
- Ensure you include the -serial as shown below, (the arrow is covering the actual serial number in the screenshot)